Friends in Pink is a 501(C)(3) nonprofit group that was formed in 2009 and is committed to raising funds for those who have been diagnosed with Breast Cancer in the Roxborough Manayunk Community. Our mission is to assist with unexpected medical costs, copay’s, activities of daily living, transportation costs and other unexpected expenses that people have to deal with when coping with this diagnosis. All money raised stays in our community for those who live in 19127 and 19128.
Our mission is to assist patients who are in active treatment for Breast Cancer. Our assistance is confidential. We do not share your name or information with anyone. It is entirely up to the applicant to share information regarding the assistance that we give.
Most of the people that we have helped have been brought to our attention by neighbors, friends and family. If you know someone who you think may need assistance, please download the application for them.
We have found that it is sometimes better to get the application to a family member or friend that is able to help in making sure that the application is completeddue to the emotional state of the person who has been diagnosed.
How to help
Friends In Pink is a registered 501(C)(3). Please know that your donations are appreciated and go directly to helping your neighbors. Our “overhead” is minimal as it does not include any salaried personnel, we are all volunteers.
- You can volunteer to help at one of our upcoming events. Volunteers are always needed at the Fall Fun Festival and the Friends On The Run – 5K Run/Walk.
- Donations are tax deductible thru Paypal or to our P.O. Box 4618, Philadelphia, PA 19127.
- Donor Match Programs – let us know about yours so we can register.
- Amazon Smile - pick Friends In Pink as your charity at Amazon Smile.
- Sponsor a Fundraiser – you plan it and we’ll help spread the word!
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter to keep up on our events.
Pay it forward!
Pizza With A Purpose - August 28th/29th
Come out on August 28th and 29th to support the BLCE- Pink Patch Project, have dinner and purchase your Pink Patch to wear in October in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness month.
California Pizza Kitchen
Plymouth Meeting Mall
500 West Germantown Pike
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Hosted by BLCE-Pink Patch Project benefiting Friends In Pink
Additional information follow on Twitter or email: BlcePinkPatch@gmail.com
Download the flyer to bring with you.